First, get yourself a tape measure made from a flexible material like cloth, fabric, or bendable plastic. You can also download the hats.com Head Sizing Tool
Wrap the tape around your head, making sure you measure above your ears at the area where you prefer to wear your hat.
Although it is a matter of personal choice, a good spot to measure is the widest part of your head, as that’s where a hat often fits the best. When you get a measurement, consult the charts below to figure out your size.
- Measure several times to ensure you’re getting an accurate measurement.
- Don’t pull the tape too tight; you always want to err on the side of having a little too much room.
- If you fall between two sizes, we strongly recommend that you choose the larger in the interest of comfort.
- Head sizes and shapes differ from region to region. The most common male size is 7-⅜ and the average hat size for females is 7-¼.
- Size charts are for general reference only. Fit may vary depending on the manufacturer, materials, construction, and hair style.
- One-Size-Fits-Most (OSFM) and Adjustable hats typically fit up to XL or 7-⅞, unless otherwise noted.
|S||6-3/4 - 6-7/8||21 - 21-1/2||54 - 55|
|M||7 - 7-1/8||22 - 22-1/2||56 - 57|
|L||7-1/4 - 7-3/8||22-3/4 - 23||58 - 59|
|XL||7-1/2 - 7-5/8||23-1/2 - 24||60 - 61|
|XXL||7-3/4 - 7-7/8||24-3/8 - 24-7/8||62 - 63|
|XXXL||8 - 8-1/8||25-1/8 - 26-1/2||64 - 65|
|S||6-1/8 - 6-1/4||19-1/8 - 19-1/2||49 - 50|
|M||6-3/8 - 6-1/2||19-3/4 - 20-1/4||51 - 52|
|L||6-5/8 - 6-3/4||20-3/4 - 21-1/8||53 - 54|
|XL||6-1/2 - 7||21-1/2 - 21-7/8||55 - 56|