Find Your Size
Choosing your favorite hat styles and materials are only half the battle when you’re trying to create your own signature look. Picking the right hat size is critical for properly framing your face, ensuring you’re both comfortable and stylish.
Here at Hats.com, we make it easier than ever for our customers to select the right sizes for their crowns. Read on to learn how to measure your hat size. Then, check out our chart below to pinpoint your exact size.
Choose the Right Hat Size
Follow these steps to select an appropriate hat size for your head:
- Grab a flexible tape measure. The tape measure can be made of a bendable plastic, fabric, or cloth.
- Wrap the tape measure around your head.
- Measure the size of your head above the ears, focusing on the area where you’ll be wearing your hat. Make sure that your measuring tape is not below your eyebrows.
As a general rule of thumb, it is best to measure your head’s widest part, as this is where hats usually fit the best.
Once you have gotten a measurement, you can consult our hat size chart below to determine the proper hat size for your crown.
Tips for Choosing the Perfect Size
- Measure your head multiple times to make sure that you are getting an accurate measurement.
- Avoid pulling your tape measure too tightly; it’s best to have more room than you need in your hat than to not have enough room for your head.
- Keep in mind that head shapes and sizes differ among hat lovers. However, the hat size that males most commonly wear is 7 ⅜. Meanwhile, the average cap size for women is 7 ¼.
- Make sure that there’s some space between your head and the hat (about the width of your finger). Your goal should be to have a snug fit, not a tight one.
Hat Size Chart Considerations
Note that the size chart below is only for a general reference. The fit of a hat might vary based on factors like your hair style and the hat’s manufacturer, construction, and materials.
Unless otherwise notes, our adjustable and one-size-fits-most hats usually fit sizes up to 7 and ⅞ or XL.
Kangol Apparel Size Charts
For Kangol apparel, we also offer full-body measurement guides. Get all the information you need to make an outfit that fits you perfectly.
Why Shop at Hats.com?
At Hats.com, we are excited to offer a wide variety of hats and hat sizes to suit our many clients’ unique preferences. With our many hat materials and styles, you’ll have no problem with finding the ideal caps for your favorite ensembles in every season.
In addition to providing top-of-the-line products, we offer our Sezzle payment method that allows you to conveniently pay in installments. When you order hats through us, you’ll also benefit from our Rewards Program, where you can earn points as well as unbeatable rewards for making purchases.
Get in touch with us to find out more about our broad selection of hats and order our fashionable caps today!
First, get yourself a tape measure made from a flexible material like cloth, fabric, or bendable plastic.
Wrap the tape around your head, making sure you measure above your ears at the area where you prefer to wear your hat. Be sure the tape is above your eyebrows.
Although it is a matter of personal choice, a good spot to measure is the widest part of your head, as that’s where a hat often fits the best. When you get a measurement, consult the charts below to figure out your size.
Measure several times to ensure you’re getting an accurate measurement.
Don’t pull the tape too tight; you always want to err on the side of having a little too much room.
Head sizes and shapes differ from region to region. The most common male size is 7-⅜ and the average hat size for females is 7-¼.
CHECKING YOUR HAT'S FIT
- Measure your head and consult our size chart
- Your hat should sit above your eyebrows and not obstruct your sight
- Allow about a finger of space between your hat and your head
- Aim for a snug (not tight) fit
General Hat Size Charts
- Size charts are for general reference only. Fit may vary depending on the manufacturer, materials, construction, and hair style.
- One-Size-Fits-Most (OSFM) and Adjustable hats typically fit up to XL or 7-⅞, unless otherwise noted.